B. C. Toms & Co, one of the leading law firms in Ukraine, has since it opened its Kyiv office in 1991 developed a substantial intellectual property (“IP”) and information technology (“IT”) law practice.
Commitment to quality is the cornerstone of our law practice. Our over 28 years of experience in Ukraine give us a significant advantage in understanding the many hidden problems and loopholes that need to be addressed to eliminate risks in financial transactions.
Commitment to quality is the cornerstone of our law practice. Our over 28 years of experience in Ukraine give us a significant advantage in understanding the many hidden problems and loopholes (for example, concerning the validity of agricultural land leases) that need to be addressed to eliminate risks in IP and IT matters.
In particular, we have extensive experience identifying and resolving the many Ukrainian law problems that can impair the scope of intellectual property protection. We also have special expertise in the various related areas of Ukrainian law, such as on publishing, telecommunications, entertainment and advertising, that may affect IP and IT related business.
Our recent IP and IT law practice includes:
(1) Advising on trademarks for a major international financial services and communications company;
(2) Advising on cosmetics IP protection and licensing for a foreign cosmetics company;
(3) Providing legal advice on DVB-H and cable television for a multinational media company;
(4) Providing legal advice on the protection of designs rights and other IP for a large Ukrainian company;
(5) Conducting due diligence and advising on trademark licensing issues for a major international hotel chain;
(6) Advising on shrink-wrap licensing for a major multinational media and entertainment company;
(7) Conducting due diligence on IP matters for a large Ukrainian publishing house;
(8) Structuring licensing transactions for the computer programs of a leading Swedish software company; and
(9) Drafting agreements for the purchase of IP rights for a media company.