B. C. Toms & Co, a multinational law firm of Western and Ukrainian lawyers, was the first Western law firm to open a Kyiv office in September 1991. Our foreign and Ukrainian lawyers have excellent qualifications from leading law schools and many years of practice experience.
Commitment to quality is the cornerstone of our law practice. Our over 28 years of experience in Ukraine give us a significant advantage in understanding the many hidden problems and loopholes (for example, concerning the validity of agricultural land leases) that need to be addressed to eliminate risks in transactions in the Ukrainian agricultural sector. In particular, we have extensive experience in structuring agricultural businesses and joint ventures in Ukraine, acquiring land plots and agricultural assets and conducting due diligence of companies and assets. We have represented major foreign agricultural business as well as many of the largest Ukrainian agricultural companies for their business projects in Ukraine.
Our Agricultural Practice Group has successfully handled many of the most significant transactions in the Ukrainian agricultural sector, including for example:
(1) Advising and handling the legal work for a Scottish agricultural company to set up in Ukraine, handling its entering into land leases and acquiring land leases in corporate acquisitions, its pre-IPO finance, its IPO and then for its sale to a large Middle-Eastern Group;
(2) Acting for a major Swiss bank investing in a UK agricultural company and for the private placement of the company’s shares;
(3) Representing the vendors of the largest agricultural company in western Ukraine for a private placement and share listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and raising USD 52 million;
(4) Advising a Norwegian pork production company for its joint venture project in Ukraine to set up a large pork farm and acquire assets and real estate;
(5) Representing the vendors of a leading Ukrainian agricultural company for its corporate structuring, private placement and share listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and raising USD 56 million;
(6) Advising the vendors of a leading Ukrainian agricultural company on the Ukrainian land law and land leases issues and for its private placement and share listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange to raise USD 90 million;
(7) Representing the vendors of a large agricultural company for its private placement and share listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and raising USD 35.5 million;
(8) Advising one of the largest agricultural companies in southern Ukraine on the acquisition of an elevator and melioration system and on land disputes with the land owners;
(9) Acting for a major multinational bank providing a bridge financing to one of the largest Ukrainian agricultural company,
(10) Representing a large multinational agricultural company to acquire one of the largest elevators in Ukraine; and
(11) Advising a large agro-industrial group on UK-Ukraine trade as well as on Brexit issues.
For further information, please contact Bate C. Toms at our address cited above.